Stage Name: Joshua (조슈아)
Real Name: Joshua Hong / Hong Jisoo (홍지수)
Nickname: American Hyung, Gentleman Joshua
Birthdate: December 30, 1995
Blood Type: A
Star Sign: Capricorn
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Education: Downtown Magnets High School
Specialty: Singing, Playing the guitar
Hobbies: Reading, Playing guitar, Singing, Watching movies
Training Period: 2 years and 2 months
- He likes reading, sleeping, eating, playing the guitar and singing.
- His favorite colors are Blue, Black, Brown & Pink.
- His favorite sport is Football.
- He loves anime. His favorites are One Piece, Naruto & Bleach.
- He’s a christian.
- He’s envious of Jihoon’s dancing & singing skills.
- He plays the guitar really well.
- His parents are his role models.
- His favorite korean artist is 2BiC.
- He would choose music over food.
- He loves the show Adventure Time.
- He doesn’t like the color green.
- He likes the korean drama Rooftop Prince.
- He likes horror movies.
- He likes Chris Brown, Usher, Eminem & Tupac.
- His favorite youtube artists are Gabe Bondoc, AJ Rafael & Jeff Bernat.
- He can cook.
- He loves chicken.
- He finds British accents hot.
- His favorite animals are rabbits.
- His favorite korean actor is Jang Donggun.
- He loves fairy tales.
- He said music is his life.
- He’s a fan of EXO.
- He is on Team Jacob in the Twilight series.
- He prefers books over movies.
- He joined Pledis Entertainment and began his training in 2013.
- He finds it difficult to ask people for favors.
- His ideal type girl is someone who is kind.
- Between 20 and Adore U, he prefers 20.
- The meaning behind his name Joshua is that it’s a name from the bible.
- He views himself as a calm person.
- He attended church often when he lived in America. He was apart of the praise team and played the guitar.
- He is named Seventeen’s gentleman because he doesn’t get angry easily and talks softly. He has a gentle voice and behaves with manners. He says Good Morning whenever he wakes up in the morning.
- He wants to be like Shinhwa and be a team for a long time with a good relationship with the members.
- He wants to be a dutiful son to his parents and work hard and make them proud.
- When he lived in America, he would speak Korean at home and English at school so he is good at speaking it but not good at writing it.
- Between soccer or basketball, he prefers soccer.
- Appeared in Seventeen TV from 2013-2014.
- Performed at Like Seventeen Shows 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Performed at Wapop Show from August-September 2014.
- Performed at SBS Awards Festival in December 2014.